Friday, August 28, 2009

Breaking the Habit, Day 33

I wanted to take the time and explain why I chose to not blog yesterday. I suppose I could have, but I didn't have anything to express that I felt would be meaningful. I created this blog as a way to help myself. If I feel that my time will be better served elsewhere, I'll do that. But I am committed to this blog. My friend once told me that sometimes it's good to break the habit. Even if you're eating healthy, I might have junk food just to break the habit.

I don't know why, but that was one of those things that resonated in me. I feel that it's important and a lesson that'll become valuable in the near future, but I'm not sure why it is at the moment. Only time will tell. It makes sense, though. If I chose to write in spite of how I felt, the break in habit wouldn't have allowed me to reflect on things. I recently realized that self-reflection isn't always about coming to realizations that can be articulated, but it can be about reaching a certain emotional state of contentment and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment