Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Shattered Glass in my Dream, Day 56

I recently had a dream, and it was really interesting. I just told a friend the night before that I barely remember my dreams nowadays. I used to remember them so vividly and so many of them that people were skeptical about my honesty. Although I know I still dream, I don't recall them since I haven't experienced an adequate amount of sleep. I went to bed at around 6 am that day and barely slept, but I did rest enough to reach REM (restless eye movement, also known as the dream state).

It was a rather brief and metaphorically direct dream. My dreams are usually painfully obscure and uselessly profound because of the way the message was "delivered." This one was clear, though. I dreamt that I woke up on my right side and found one of my glass bottles broken in bed. I was very aware of which bottle it was and everything. It felt like what that bottle symbolized and my association to it was significant somehow, not just the message it was trying to send.

It's this dark blue (cobalt) glass spray bottle. It's 2.0 ounces. At the risk of sounding like an advertisement, the brand is "Shilokah Essentials". This one is a Rosemary Lavender Spray. It's a great brand, organic, pure, and healthy. The man who makes it, Jonathan Shilokah, literally makes his own essential oils and has fields that produce these ingredients. It's an amazing line, truly!

I got this to treat these gnarly bug bites I got on my leg. Some people thought I got burned. Other people thought I got beaten with a belt. They were actually rashes from an insect. They were producing a lot of heat and was crazy itchy. He sprayed some peppermint oil on it to neutralize the pain but recommended the Rosemary Lavender for me. The peppermint oil spray would've been $50, but the one he recommended me was $10. And a little bit goes a long way! Within a day, the bites looked smaller as though the pus was draining or dehydrating. By the second day the pinkness completely disappeared and looked slightly darker than my skin tone. By the third day, there was nothing there! This isn't psychological. This is real! It's amazing!

This product is truly treasured. And in my dream, the bottle that holds this jewel is shattered. I remember the imagery perfectly as though it were real. The only reason why I know it was a dream is because my senses were numb. I didn't feel the glass. I didn't feel the broken shards. I wasn't devastated by a clearly tragic circumstance. I woke up being completely aware of what bottle broke. My mind was focused on that specific bottle and what it contained more than the broken pieces.

When I went to www.dreammoods.com, it revealed completely viable interpretations. *To dream of broken glass signifies change in your life. Alternatively, it could be symbolic of an aspect of your life that is in pieces. You will find that a situation will come to an abrupt and untimely end.* All of that seems very possible, likely, and even real. I can feel and see myself changing. That's not even in question. In some ways these changes make me feel like I'm falling apart. What worries me is the last interpretation. "You will find that a situation will come to an abrupt and untimely end." When I read that sentence, a thought came to mind. I hope it's not what I fear.

I have a friend who I keep having premonitions about. My premonitions are so diverse that no one has to convince me they're nothing more than possibilities. What strikes me is that in spite of how varied these premonitions are the one common denominator is that we're good friends. In some realities, we're more than that. But all that I can ask is to be good friends. It's important that I make that premonition real. The first thought I had was what if our friendship comes to an abrupt end?

My entire life, long before I became aware of my premonitions, I sabotaged so much. Premonitions just speeds up or sabotages any happiness I see in the future. This time I want it to be different. What I lost still burns me. I don't want to experience that again. Besides I know that he's going to change me some how, some way. I want to live it out to see exactly what it is. But I feel like I emphasize so much on the impact he can have on me that I forget about what impact I can have on him. Whatever it is, I hope it's positive. Considering the conversation I was having with my friend the night before I had the dream, it's plausible that my fears are valid. But nothing is set in stone.

In the dream I saw myself in my own bed. There are many interpretations, but only a few were relevant to me. There's one I worry is very much relevant to me. "If the bed is unmade, then it indicates that certain secrets will soon be exposed or revealed." I can see how if something is revealed that it could end our friendship, although I hope not. At the very end, any development of anything would probably seize to exist. There were other interpretations that technically apply within the contents of my dream, but I honestly feel that it's not what it symbolizes. I'll include it, though. "To see your bed in your dream represents intimate self and discovery of your sexuality. If you are sleeping in your own bed, then it denotes security and restoration of your mind." Come to think of it, I was confused and bewildered, whatever that means.

My comforter in my duvet cover was a part of my dream, but I'm going to label that as blanket for the dream dictionary. Here's what it says: "To see a blanket in your dream symbolizes warmth, love, security, and protection. You may be seeking for some form of shelter from the outside world. Consider also how your dream may be calling attention to a "cover-up" in some situation or circumstance in your waking life." It's interesting how these interpretations correlate to the broken glass. All of those things speak to me.

My friend was actually saying that he rarely remembers his dreams. But when he does, they're symbolic and important. This is the first time I've remembered my dream in a long time, and I feel like it's trying to send me a message. I hope things work out. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment