Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Lil About Me Feature of the Month

1. In my fifth grade yearbook, I wrote that when I grow up I want to become a writer and travel to France. I still hold those desires. I forgot how into France I was until the past couple of years when I developed friendships with a few French people. I have French cousins, and France has always carried that intrigue for me. Although I could care less about the Eiffel Tower. The last thing I want to do is spend a substantial amount of time going up many, many stairs only to say I did something achievable and is only considered significant cuz it's practically iconic. I have no personal connection to it. I also want to have the French experience since I'm told I have a European mentality. As an adult I've become interested in traveling to India cuz although I'm not a religious person, I believe the most intense experience will occur in a contrasting environment. The country looks beautiful, the devotion admirable, it's amazing the variety of food offered through a limited ingredient scale, and the design and colors used are absolutely gorgeous!

2. I want to paint an Arabian door on my wall, a mural, above my bed to serve as a "headboard." I want that ethereal, whimsical, almost Aladdin like look, rounded edges and soft corners. Many murals I found online feel either too busy or too boring for me. I want to personalize it by having a message written in braille. I used to read braille. A message will definitely be present, but it won't be overwhelming or distracting with the over usage of words. It creates an essence of mystery, too.

3. I really enjoy container gardening. Unfortunately I'm not home regularly enough to make such a commitment worthwhile. I also have neighbors that not only steal the produce but litter in it that I've lost interest in it sadly. When I was enjoying the process I grew strawberries, tomatoes, Italian basil, lemon basil, Thai basil, cilantro, parsley, oregano, thyme, radishes, carrots, shiso leaves, peppermint, mizuna, and wild arugula. I believe everyone should try their hand at gardening and begin with radishes cuz they grow quickly and abundantly. It's fun and encouraging.

4. I have a natural talent for communication, which must be why languages come more easily to me than others. Don't get me wrong. It doesn't mean I don't study hard, but I seem to be more receptive to it. Although I also have a tendency to forget unused material, as well. My Japanese used to be phenomenal. Now I seem unable to complete a sentence without tripping on a word here or there... :/ I grew up in a Russian neighborhood, so I picked up on that rather quickly. At best now I can make intuitive assessments. I was in Spanish 2B in high school. Now I can barely order food in Spanish. I dabbled in learning French, but I've hit a road block. I also knew American sign language, Japanese sign language, and braille.

5. I have this obsession of taking pictures of food I make, food I order, basically food within my proximity.

6. Summer is my party season cuz oddly enough when I drink, I get cold. I mean shivering and shaking in an uncontrollable capacity. But when I drink during the hot season, I go from feeling like it's 100 degrees to normal weather. I don't feel hot or cold, just fine. :) I like gurly fruity drinks. I'm a girl, small, and Asian. Not like I'm going to be knocking back shots. I'm okay with that. It makes the bill more affordable.

7. Most of my friends are guys and I have a platonic energy. I'm okay with that. I don't really welcome deceptive guys masquerading as my friend to get into my pants anyway. I find it insulting to my intelligence and a poor use of effort on the guy's part especially when guys get frustrated that they're unsuccessful in seducing me and as a result begin to resent me and lash out at me when I've been honest from the start. It's an adolescent way to respond to things not going according to your plan. You don't get what you want, so you bitch. Why can't adults be mature and gracious at the face of reality?

8. I want to learn to play the violin.

9. I was adopted when I was fourteen. My mom and my brother mean more to me than they will ever know. I was fourteen when the woman I met who would eventually become my mother showed me what being compassionate and caring truly is. It's a rather delayed age to learn emotional qualities we should all be familiar with, but I'm just grateful I experienced it and learned it through her.

10. My absolute favorite color is purple. My aura's purple. My birthstone is amethyst, a purple crystal. And my personality describes purple traits - spiritual, mystical, unconventional, untraditional, eccentric, unique, original, etc. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment