Friday, April 27, 2012

In Better Spirits

I've been feeling better than I have been for a while. :) It's a nice change of pace. Normality is re-entering my life. I'm able to get groceries, run errands, and generally walk around without being in a lot of pain. Actually pain in general is greatly reduced. I've also been cooking more, too. It's interesting how taking a cooking hiatus has really affected my performance. Anyways I made baked tilapia with lemon pepper seasoning (super simple) with sauteed kale and carrots with fresh lemon juice, curry powder, turmeric, and cumin. Everything I used has anti-inflammatory effects, too, which is good cuz my appendix has been acting up a bit.

I have a doctor's appointment on Monday, then two more throughout the week. I'll probably have to return for an mRI. I consulted a friend who's in nursing school and I've been advised to get an mRI. My medical records have also reflected that, as well. It's so frustrating to think that had I have not requested my record, I would've never known the severity of my situation. But that's an opinion I'd rather refrain from expressing. I've resisted writing cuz as therapeutic as it is for me to express myself on my blog, I want to guard against developing a habit of negative expression.

I'm really enjoying the sunny weather. Right now the sun is shining, and I really want to sunbathe in front of my friend's swimming pool. I'll go to Trader Joe's on the way home and pick up some sunscreen spray. The weather's been seriously bipolar, but when it did become hot, I started carrying my bikini in my bag. I was planning on going to a potluck and free concert, but it's so close to the actual event that I really don't feel like rushing. My friend's place has internet, so I could stay here which is tempting despite the beautiful weather outside.

However if I head home, I can work on my art journal. I borrowed this book at the library called Refuse to Choose which is a book on scanners. Scanners are people who have a variation of interests and find it difficult to specialize in a specific field. Sometimes I feel like a scanner, but I have far more focus than my irrefutable scanner friends. So sometimes I wonder. I'm not lazy or ADD. But as I get older, I'm willing to invest so much time on things that don't have significance for me. As I embrace this, I enjoy learning so much but find that I don't have the traditional evidence of being a productive member in society. It's a fine line between caring about societal expectations and my own insecurity of not having something to show for my twenty eight years. Anyways this book celebrates and encourages scanners to embrace all their interests beginning with creating a Scanner Journal where ideas can be expressed without guilt. I have so many ideas I want to jot down. (Learning French, recipes, first aid, color therapy, plant biology, supernatural characters, etc) Okay so maybe not A LOT of ideas but some ideas...

And oddly enough I'm excited to go home to make sweet potato chips on my friend's dehydrator. I need a good 12 hours to complete this task, and I'm usually everywhere but home that I've been unable to get this done. I saw it on a youtube video and now I'm really looking forward to it. I want to invite my friend over to have sweet potato chips with, but I'm afraid he's going to ask for his dehydrator back. :/ And of course I do plan to return it, but considering how much I've been procrastinating on using it, I'm not ready to return it. Then again if he's reading this, I may have to return it anyways. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment