Thursday, January 6, 2011

My First Entry and My First Inspired Entry of the 2011, Baby!

I had an amazing talk with a friend of mine this morning. After only my second day of giving up on my 7 am morning workout, I was laying in bed all lazy until I got an unexpected call from that really good friend who knows you really well and understands you because he's just as disturbed as you but is impossible to get a hold of. I guess he got a cell for Christmas? So he just gave me a call to give me his new number and we got to start talking about life.

When I think about it, I'm still amazed by how our friendship began. No matter how crappy my life gets, it's situations like these that remind me that there's a higher power. People are brought into our lives for a reason. We have a really altruistic friendship and it never fails that we come together whenever it's beneficial for us in our lives. I must admit that I'm proud of our progress. Two super detached people matriculating into the emotional human beings we're meant to be after years of our stubbornness wearing down and delayed wisdom finally sledgehammering into our pigheadedness to make us realize that it's good to be flawed, broken, emotional, and all the other things that make us human.

His biggest flaw is procrastination. The things he can overcome and achieve if only he can eradicate that virus that paralyzes him. It's a problem the same way my insecurities are. Even the greatest failures I can experience if only I dared to take a chance would be a greater success than what I allow my insecurities to shelter me from. It took me years to realize this because it's difficult for me to see the bigger picture, so it took years of unfavorable approaches to life before I knew there was anything wrong.

Now that I'm aware of it, I want to break the habits that infuse my insecurities and tangle up my dreams. I've been feeling that way for a while but today I realized that I have to expand my perception to do that. I don't want to waste any more years! So here's to old experiences seasoning my soul and channeling my energy towards a spiritually conducive next year and the following years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment