Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Everything is Going to be Okay

*This is an old entry I forgot to post.

When you feel beaten and unwanted, it's hard to believe that everything's going to be okay. When I saw how pulverized someone is and I hear them say those words, I just thought they said it cuz they needed to believe it, as if telling themselves that made the pain any less severe. Now that I'm going through it, I realized that the sting burns just as sharply no matter what you tell yourself. So what reason would anyone have to lie to themselves? You're already exposed and vulnerable. Lying to yourself won't change any of that. So maybe just maybe it actually is going to, in fact, be okay and that light at the end of the tunnel isn't an illusion. Someday, probably not as soon as I'd like it to be, I'll be a part of that light and everything is going to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment